Thursday 16 June 2011

The End (For Now)

Five Months in the making, all the research, the soldering iron burns, the voiding of warranties all comes down to this.

For the summer show I have a working Prototype, a right hand "mouse-like" control with a left click, this part of the project tracks 3 red LEDs attached to the right glove via an overhead mounted webcam.

The second part is a stream lined, left hand "keyboard-like" control, the keyboard control has 12 possible inputs, within this post I will give a layout of the keys they represent.

I'm showing the control system with Invaders: Corruption, a freeware game from; Manuel van Dyck, Carlo Castellano and John Nesky, links to download the game can be found here:

http://invaders.manuelvandyck.com/index.php

The reason to choose this game was a simple one, I needed a game that used some mouse and keyboard control but, as the system has a steep learning curve it needed to be something that players would pick up quickly.

After the show is up I will have a few weeks before I have to enter the real word, hopefully in that time I will finish the design tutorials that will allow me to release this project as an Instructble on www.instructables.com

Ok images:



No comments:

Post a Comment