Friday 25 March 2011

Big update 3 of 3 Revisiting Light Sensors


Was reading this article:
And realised that a small part of what I wanted to do this guy had achieved, but he is using open source hardware called Adriano I am of course using the iPac2 but I think some of the ideas are good ones, and so I have decided I will look again at using LDR light resistors, this may mean that ultimately I end up with two different versions of my final design, one using Reed Switches and magnets and the other using light resistors, over all costs will run into around the same thing, so that isn’t an issue, what I do need to do is work out exactly how I will show off my functionality of both systems, the difficulty is that with one Ipac2 board, although set up to allow for co-op use, I will effectively half my amount of overall contacts, I could work out a system for switching over the systems while keeping the main hub in a contained unit, possibly using terminals.
The other option of course is to have one hand use all Reed Switches and the other use LDR but untimely I would like to show each system independently.
So this weekends tasks:
1.     Build a flex switch (if this works then build 8 more)
2.     Test the LDR idea (if this works workout the pros/cons of LDR over Reed Switch
3.     Finalise the design
4.     Source materials

No comments:

Post a Comment