Monday 14 March 2011

Here We G. G. G. Go, Wtih Version One Point Ohh

So the making begins in earnest. (Or at a pace that leave time for tea and biscuits.)

Dissertations are finished as far as I'm concerned it’s all about FMP form now on. So with that in mind its time to get down to business. Worked out the dimensions for my hands this evening then worked how much of fingers move, then drew the first (of many) wiring diagrams onto my hand with brio, the reasoning for this is that I get a more ergonomical design as I can make adjustments while looking at the mechanics of the hand.

This first set is for the primary function wiring, these being the Reed Switches that will give the main source of input control.

My next job (most likely tomorrow) is to make a 3D model on 3DsMax, and then a cardboard and nylon prototype. I wont actually wire this version up instead I will use string to workout how much wire I will need to in the final version.

The next job after that is to add the next levels of control, these being the optical mouse and secondary switches.

After that I will move onto designing the console/table top, this will be a secondary controller as although the user will be able to use the gloves with each other, they will also get extra functionality out a magnetized console, effectively allowing "typing" like gestures.




Right I've gone on long enough, here are some pictures of my hands covered in pen.


Musical stuff:
currently listening to this:
The Recvieing End Of Sirens: Between the Heart and the Synapse
If These Trees Could Talk: Above the Earth, Below the Sky
Manchester Orcestra: Simple Math(s)
The Damned Things: Ironiclast
Deaf Havana: Meet Me Halfway At Least
A Day To Remember: ALL SONGs
Rival Schools: Pedals (its no United by Fate but its still Rival Schools)

No comments:

Post a Comment