Thursday 17 February 2011

11/02/2011

I was given (and then purchased) an IPAC2 board, this is an arcade controller that essentially works like a keyboard the differences are that each of the terminals have a microprocessor that stops there being lag it also bypasses USB controllers not allowing 6 inputs at a time allowing for a verity of button presses, and key strokes.


I also after watching a video one creating a wearable Theremin was interested in the idea of hooking each of the terminals to and Infrared Switch perhaps creating my own version of a Theremin, and also being able to show the idea of Augmented Reality/ Sound the idea that human interaction could be used to alter music, I went and bought some components after reading up on some circuit board diagrams on the internet, and attempted to assemble some infrared switches, I encountered issues with background Infrared and this caused the switches to be suck on open, my other attempt at a switch used an infrared LED and a Phototransistor, I also included a 10k and 270ohm resistor to complete the circuit, after hooking this is I think I need a secondary power source to power the LED.
I am also planning to experiment with different ways of triggering the switches, developing touch, pressure, and tilt switches.

Video for the wearable Light based Theremin be warned these guys call them sleves "nerdkits" and they do not dissapoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment