Sunday 27 February 2011

REVELATION

Just discovered “Rhodium Plated Reed Switches” these switches are triggered by magnets, SO new plan, I’m going to fit these switches into the fingers of a pair of gloves, allowing me 8 contact points overall (I of course could have 10 but bear with me) on the thumbs I will wire in micro switches, these will be Ctrl and Shift buttons effectively giving me 24 buttons.  The next thing I’m going to try and do is wire the optical sensor from a mouse into the palm of one of the gloves, and on the other a magnet, the mouse will give me the look around view and the magnet in the other palm will be used to trigger 4 more Reed Switches and these will give me my 4 directions.
Well that’s the plan anyway.
…and we do all love it when a plan comes together.
Reed Switches

and of course I realise that gameing gloves exist, hes a link to a top of the range pair:
Gaming gloves
But mine use both hands, and have an in built mouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment