Thursday 17 February 2011

1/2/2011

After talking to Dave I went away to start designing a control board using a keyboard as my primary input source. My original design was based on the old labyrinth games where the player moved a ball bearing through a maze controlling a platform that could move on either and X or Y axis, I was looking to try and design something similar but that would require a person to manipulate a series of plates each mounted on an X or Y, but instead of having rotating knobs the user would be required to stand on two foot plates and move the board using their balance and weight
I would then disassemble a keyboard and remount the contacts that I required at the points where each plate would make contact with the plate below.

My early designs for this were flawed because I wasn’t thinking structurally containing a platform in another small platform would mean that the materials I would have had to use would have not have been able to have any bend in them, this would make them brittle and susceptible to breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment